New Utah COVID-19 Cases Back Above 800; 6 new deaths
SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah Department of Health’s COVID-19 report for Wednesday shows an increase of 843 confirmed cases and six additional deaths.
READ: SLCo Health Guide Welcomes New CDC Mask Recommendation
To date, 1,472,552 people in the state have been fully vaccinated while 1,658,317 have received at least one dose of a vaccine
The 7-day rolling average for positive tests is 649 per day. The 7-day rolling average for the percent positivity of “people over people” is 14.4%. and the 7-day rolling average for percent positivity for “tests over tests” is 8.7%.
As the COVID surge continues in the state, 350 people are currently hospitalized in Utah with COVID-19, of whom 157 are in intensive care.
With six more deaths on Wednesday, the Utah death toll now stands at 2,447:
- Female, between 65 and 84, resident of Kane County, hospitalized at death
- Male, between 65 and 84, residents of Uintah County, hospitalized at the time of death
- Female, between 45 and 64, resident of Weber County, hospitalized at death
- Female, aged 65 to 84, resident of Salt Lake County, not hospitalized at death
- Male, between 65 and 84, residents of Uintah County, not hospitalized at the time of death
- Female, aged 45 to 64, resident of Salt Lake County, hospitalized at death