what to expect for Christmas weather
SALT LAKE CITY – With light showers throughout the day, it looked less certain that snow would lay over the Wasatch Front. However, the forecast indicates a possibility of snow during the night and into the weekend.
Along the Wasatch Front, Friday’s Christmas Eve comes with a high of 45 degrees and light showers, while Saturday has a high of 43 degrees with a low of 30 degrees and a 30% chance of snow.
For Christmas, here is the forecast for the following areas and their snow probability for a white Christmas:
- Logan has a high of 37 and a low of 22 with a 40% chance of snow
- Ogden has a high of 41 and a low of 28 with a 30% chance of rain / snow showers.
- Provo has a high of 42 and a low of 29 with a 40% chance of rain or snow showers.
- Park City is facing a high of 34 with a low of 22 and a 50% chance of snow with a weather warning until 5am on Saturday morning.
- Moab has a high of 51 and a low of 21 with a rain probability of only 10%.
- Cedar City has a high of 42 and a low of 27 with a 20 percent chance of rain but a 50 percent chance of snow next Sunday.
Some weather warnings for driving conditions in some areas have been issued by the Salt Lake City National Weather Service.
Cheer up between Curlew Jct and Snowville. Heavy snow with visibility of 1/4 mile or less and gusts of wind of up to 40 miles per hour on this gust of snow make for short near-whiteout conditions and slippery roads. Slow down and be prepared for rapidly changing conditions! #utwx https://t.co/K1DzSxaqEJ
– NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) December 24, 2021
UHP advises everyone to drive slower in wintry conditions and to beware of black ice after several accidents in the last week.