Wyoming marijuana initiatives begin with nationwide events
A marijuana legalization supporter at a rally outside the Wyoming Capitol. (Dan Cepeda, Oil City File)
Originally reported by Oil City News – Brendan LaChance
KASPER – The Wyoming Libertarian Party of Wyoming and Compassionate Options announced Wednesday that they would host events September 10-12 to kick off signature-gathering efforts to address marijuana reform issues in the 2022 or 2024 general election obtain.
In a press release announcing the official start of the signatures of the ballot initiatives, the Wyoming Secretary of State sent petitions to organizations advocating marijuana reform so that the 18-month signature-gathering can begin.
Advertising – The story continues below …
Two initiatives are underway:
- An initiative to legalize medical cannabis
- An initiative to decriminalize the possession of marijuana for personal use
Kickoff events will be held in seven cities across the state starting September 10th. The events are public.
There may be more volunteer-organized events, but the official kickoff events are planned as follows:
- Evanston – Hamblin Park, 190 Bear River Drive, Evanston, September 11th 11:00 am-4:00pm
- Rawlins – The Grindz, 509 W Cedar St., Rawlins, September 10th, 5:30 pm-10:00pm
- Riverton – Rendezvous at the Riverwalk, Riverton Fairgrounds, September 11th 10:00 am-3:00pm
- Green River – Flaming Gorge Harley-Davidson, 440 Uinta Drive, Green River, September 10-11, 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Cody – City Park, 908 Sheridan Ave., Sept. 11, 11:00 a.m.
- Cheyenne – Elevate Studios, 1408A E 13th St., September 10th, 5:30 PM – 9:00 PM
- Casper – Washington Park, Shelter 2, 951 S Jefferson St., Sept. 11, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.