Elderly detainee arrested for sexual abuse from South Weber after confrontations with police | News, sports, jobs


Handcuffs and fingerprints

Photo supplied, ThinkStock


Photo supplied, Davis County Jail

❮ ❯

FARMINGTON – A 77-year-old former South Weber man on parole for child sexual abuse was brought back to Davis County for further prosecution following an alleged armed conflict with Uintah County authorities.

Uintah County Sheriff’s agents arrested Bruce Wolfley on May 4 in Jensen and confiscated a .380 caliber pistol and ammunition, which he was not allowed to possess as a convicted felon, a likely statement said.

With an arrest warrant issued by Farmington’s 2nd District Court, Uintah MPs went to a semi-trailer truck where Wolfley had lived. “Wolfley has made testimony regarding possession of this firearm in situations like this in relation to jail time,” the arrest affidavit read.

Wolfley was arrested on January 10 after a stalemate with Uintah MPs. According to indictment documents, Wolfley’s sexual abuse treatment provider called the police and said Wolfley had texted him threatening suicide.

When officers got to the trailer, Wolfley didn’t come out and said he had a 9mm pistol and would use it himself or he wanted the police to shoot and kill him, the documents say.

After five hours of negotiations, Wolfley agreed to speak to his treatment provider and authorities were able to confiscate the weapon and arrest Wolfley. He was later released from prison and remained out of custody until the suspect was arrested on May 4th.

The Davis County arrest warrant said Wolfley must be returned to Davis County to face a parole charge; he was transported to Farmington last week.

The Davis County Sheriff’s deputies arrested Wolfley on September 28, 2018 after an 11-year-old girl reported that Wolfley inappropriately touched her chest while visiting a pumpkin patch.

In 2019, Wolfley pleaded guilty to the sexual abuse of a second degree child and a judge sentenced him to one to 15 years suspended and said he would be suspended for five years.

He is being held in the Davis County Jail without bail.

In Uintah County, he is charged with a second degree crime in possession of a dangerous weapon by a disabled person.

Comments are closed.