Park City loses, Wasatch, South Summit win as high school football season comes to an end

It was a wet and rainy week for high school football in Wasatch front and back, with most schools ending the regular season.

Park City was out this week to play against the Skyline Eagles in Salt Lake. It was a rainy, bug-filled Friday night for the Miners in a defensive battle against the Eagles. The mistakes started early with Park City fumbling the ball on first possession, which Skyline took advantage of and scored a field goal that was the only points for either team for most of the game. In the first half, neither team could do anything with ball losses and penalty shoot-outs for both teams. Halfway through, Park City’s problems continued with multiple interceptions and fiddling during the third. In the fourth, Skyline was able to achieve a 60-yard pass touchdown to make it 10-0 with 3:10 to go. After a nice kickoff return, Carson Tabaracci and the Miner Offensive were able to go down the field to score a 1:17 in-game touchdown, but the Miners missed the extra point. The Miners lose on the road 10-6 in their last regular season game.

Park City drops to 4-5 per year. According to this report, the Miners have next week off, and if after the end of next week the RPI rankings are 24th or higher, Park City will play in the playoffs starting October 22nd at 6pm. KPCW brings you all of the Park City playoff games.

It was an offensive shootout in Heber when the Provo Bulldogs came into town to face the Wasatch Wasps on Senior Night. Provo started the night at the beginning of the first quarter. Quarterback Quezon Villa joined forces with La’a Kalama for the Wasp’s first points of the night. The Bulldogs then responded with 2 unanswered touchdowns in the second. With six seconds remaining in the first half, Villa and Joshua Sanders scored for a 50-yard pass to tie the game in the locker rooms. Halfway through, Villa and Sanders hit again for two more touchdowns, including a 95-yard touchdown pass to bring the score to 35:21 at the end of game three. Provo responded with a touchdown, 11 minutes behind in the fourth, but Wasatch responded again with a rousing touchdown and a field goal. Provo tried to make a comeback late in the game with two consecutive touchdowns but it wasn’t enough. Wasatch takes the home win for the final regular season game, 45-41.

Wasatch improves to 6-2 YoY. You have next week off and the playoffs will start on the 22nd. The Braves traveled north to Randolph to play Rich High School in an early Friday afternoon game. North Summit kicked off Friday looking to improve to .500 from the year, with the Rebels aiming for their first win of the season. Kandon Mosher for North Summit started the scoring with a rousing touchdown. The Braves bet on a two-point conversion at the beginning of the game and finished the first quarter 8-0. The rebels wanted some action and scored two touchdowns in the second, missed the extra point for the first touchdown and made the two- in the second. Points conversion. The Braves slipped in another score before halftime, with quarterback Jake Smith catching it on the goal line to go into halftime at 14-14. In the second half it was all North Summit, in the third Kale Hobson managed a rapid touchdown. In the fourth, Smith scored another touchdown from the one, and Ryker Johnson scored a pass touchdown to end the Rebels 35-14. North Summit improves to 4-4 over the year.

The Braves are at home for their last regular season game next Friday, where they will face the Duchesne Eagles.

South Summit traveled to rainy Salt Lake on Thursday to play the Judge Memorial Bulldogs. The Wildcats and quarterback Kyler Sudweeks stepped into the game to continue their perfect season while the Bulldogs looked for their first win of the season. South Summit continued its dominance that season, with Sudweeks clashing with Calaby Thompson for two touchdowns and Ricky Perez for one touchdown in the first quarter alone. To end the first half, Sudweeks took it home with a 13 yard rushing touchdown and Treyton Sargent took it home with a 56 yard rushing touchdown to end the second quarter and first half. The third quarter was a defensive quarter in which neither team scored a goal. In the fourth, Sudweeks met with Perez for another pass touchdown, and to seal the win, Sudweeks took it to the end zone for a 27-yard rushing touchdown. South Summit takes the win and shutout on the road, 49-0.

The Wildcats improve to 9-0 year-over-year and are second in the 2A RPI. South Summit is at home on Wednesday playing Herriman’s Providence Hall

Further information on the UHSAA’s RPI system can be found on the FAQ page here.

Comments are closed.