$80k Stolen In Retail Scheme + Fatal Shooting Ruled Justified
Happy Monday people from Salt Lake City! Here you will find everything you need to know on site today.
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Salt Lake City? Our top notch local sponsorship will stop at the top of the inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the facts.
First the weather today:
Clear all day. High: 63 Low: 45.
Here are today’s top stories in Salt Lake City:
- A West Valley City A man was arrested for carrying out an organized retail crime and was found with more than $ 80,000 worth of stolen retail goods. the Utah Attorney General‘S The white-collar crime company CASE (Crimes Against Statewide Economy) identified the suspect as a 45-year-old Oscar Martinez. Martinez reportedly asked people struggling with drug addiction to steal the goods on his behalf and then paid them a fraction of what he would make by reselling them. (ABC4)
- Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill did the fatal shooting of Rezek Yaqub Yahya of officers from the Salt Lake City Police as justified. The shooting took place in the morning of June 10th. instead of Pioneer park at 300 W. 300 South. The officers were called to the scene shortly after 8:30 a.m. after a man who was later identified as 39-year-old Yahya reportedly stabbed a woman in the park. (KUTV 2 news)
- About 100 protesters, waving American flags and holding signs displaying masks and vaccines, gathered along the curb of 700 east in Freedom park on Saturday. (Salt Lake Grandstand)
- After issuing a Silver Alert to a local woman with dementia on Friday, Salt Lake City The police have since found them and canceled the warning. (fox13now.com)
- The opening of a new luxury apartment community, village Lofts, was announced; the rest of the development plan provides for an increase in residential, office and retail space for the Great salt lake Area. (ABC4)
Today in Salt Lake City:
- Hatch Center Webinar: Protecting American Institutions, Discussing Political Education – Salt Lake Chamber (10:30 a.m.)
Did you know you can showcase your local business right here in the Salt Lake City Daily for only $ 79 per month? Click here to get started.
Now you’re up to date and ready to walk out the door this Monday! See you all tomorrow for another update. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider bringing some friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English literature from Weber State University. Over the years he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist and marketing director for various digital media companies. He is currently the co-owner and operator of the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.