Rock Climber Falls To Death + Teen Won’t Be Charged In Shooting
Have a nice Monday, neighbors! Here is everything you need to know to get your day started right. Here is everything that happens in town today.
First the weather today:
A shower in the clock; airy. High: 55 Low: 39.
Here are the top stories in Salt Lake City today:
- One person fell to his death while climbing on Sunday afternoon Little Cottonwood Canyon. Uniform police Received a call around 1:15 p.m. reporting a fallen mountaineer UPD Sgt. Melody Cutler said the climber was climbing a nearby rock face Gate pillar, and a rock they were holding on to came off. They fell an unknown distance and died from their injuries. (fox13now.com)
- West Valley City Officials said a teenager is unlikely to be charged after shooting into his vehicle after it was stolen. Lt. Sean McCarthy of the West Valley City Police Department said officials replied to an address nearby 2500 S Lake Park Circle after a call for gunfire. They arrived at the scene on Saturday around 2:30 a.m. and found the 16-year-old who was working with investigators. Officials said the teen was not taken into custody after their initial investigation found he shot in self-defense. (KUTV 2News)
- 22 years old West Valley City Man died after his vehicle lost control and hit a tree early Sunday. West Bank Police called. (KSL.com)
- Laser attacks on planes are picking up again, and the Federal Aviation Administration warns that criminals face heavy fines if caught. Salt Lake City is one of the areas with the greatest problems. (KSL.com)
- Salt Lake City School District Adopts a student plan to achieve 100% clean, renewable electricity by 2030 and CO2 neutrality by 2040. (ABC 4)
today Salt Lake City Daily will be brought to you from Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Do one Smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in Salt Lake City:
- Get a 10% discount on your LLBean purchase online and in stores (11:00 p.m.)
- Second end of the semester late working period (full day)
- Organize your business data with Excel (virtual) (10:00 a.m.)
- City Council Meeting – Mill Creek Town (5:00 p.m.)
- Pioneer Park Coalition: Salt Lake City Council District 7 Debate (7:00 p.m.)
- Community Reinvestment Agency meeting (7:00 p.m.)
This is where you can showcase your local business for just $ 79 per month. Click here to learn more.
That’s it for today! See you all tomorrow for your next update. If you feel these newsletters, consider taking a few friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English literature from Weber State University. Over the years he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist and marketing director for various digital media companies. He is currently the co-owner and operator of the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.