Wyoming marijuana initiatives begin with events in Casper and six other cities
By Brendan LaChance on September 8, 2021
A marijuana legalization supporter at a rally outside the Wyoming Capitol. (Dan Cepeda, Oil City File)
CASPER, Wyoming – The Wyoming Libertarian Party of Wyoming and Compassionate Options announced Wednesday that they will be hosting events September 10-12 to kick off signature-collection efforts to address marijuana reform issues Get elections to the parliamentary elections in 2022 or 2024.
In a press release announcing the official start of the ballot initiative signature collection, the Wyoming Secretary of State sent petitions to marijuana reform organizations so that the 18-month signature collection can begin.
Two initiatives are underway:
Article goes below …
- An initiative to legalize medical cannabis
- An initiative to decriminalize the possession of marijuana for personal use
Kickoff events will be held in seven cities across the state starting September 10th. The events are public.
Other volunteer-organized events may take place, but the official kickoff events are scheduled as follows:
- Evanston – Hamblin Park, 190 Bear River Drive, Evanston, September 11th 11:00 am-4:00pm
- Rawlins – The Grindz, 509 W Cedar St., Rawlins, September 10th, 5:30 pm-10:00pm
- Riverton – Rendezvous at the Riverwalk, Riverton Fairgrounds, September 11th 10:00 am-3:00pm
- Green River – Flaming Gorge Harley-Davidson, 440 Uinta Drive, Green River, September 10-11, 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Cody – City Park, 908 Sheridan Ave., Sept. 11, 11:00 a.m.
- Cheyenne – Elevate Studios, 1408A E 13th St., September 10th, 5:30 PM – 9:00 PM
- Casper – Washington Park, Shelter 2, 951 S Jefferson St., Sept. 11, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Related stories from Oil City News:
Report a correction or typo.