A March For Climate Change + Remembrance For Homicide Victims
Good afternoon, neighbors! Sean Peek here with a brand new issue of the Salt Lake City Daily.
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Salt Lake City? Our top notch local sponsorship will stop at the top of the inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the facts.
First the weather today:
Clear all day. High: 84 Low: 62.
Here are today’s top stories in Salt Lake City:
- Utah Children, teenagers and young adults marched to the Utah Capitol on Friday as part of a global climate strike calling for action against climate change. The local march was led by Fridays For Future Utahthat is part of a global movement that started in 2018 by Greta Thunberg. A press release from Utah The organization said protesters called on government leaders to “step in now to stop behavior that harms systems that support human life.” (Salt Lake Grandstand)
- Saturday was National Memorial Day for Murder Victims. Groups of loved ones and advocates gathered in the Utah Capitol Steps on Saturday to honor those who lost their lives to murder. More than 100 people were murdered Utah last year, that’s a record in the state. (KSL.com)
- University of Utah Soccer player Aaron Lowe died Sunday after being shot at a house party. (KSL.com)
- Salt Lake City Police A 50-year-old woman is in critical condition after being hit with pedestrians in a car accident on Saturday morning. (ABC4)
- Salt Lake City Fire Department responded to a fire call that broke out at around 6 a.m. on Saturday morning in an old, vacant steakhouse that was about to be demolished. (fox13now.com)
Today in Salt Lake City:
- Community Reinvestment Agency Meeting – Mill Creek Town (7:00 p.m.)
Did you know you can get your local business featured here in the newsletter for only $ 79 / month? Click here to get started.
You’re officially up to date for today. See you all tomorrow morning for another update! If you enjoy these newsletters, invite some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English literature from Weber State University. Over the years he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist and marketing director for various digital media companies. He is currently the co-owner and operator of the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.