SLC In Need Of ‘Middle Housing’ + Infant Flown Into SLC Hospital
Have a good Saturday folks from Salt Lake City! Here is everything you need to know in the city today.
First the weather today:
A couple of showers. High: 56 Low: 43.
Here are today’s top stories in Salt Lake City:
- Daniel Parolek, a national expert, urges Utah Cities prioritize a certain type of apartment that they think is missing too often. Parolec said that more middle dwellings can help more people buy their own home, defining middle dwellings as units such as “a duplex, triplex, or four-plex or cottage court” – ideally in a walk-through area – that are in Single family houses. Parolec Says it is critical for cities to think differently and allow more apartment buildings to be built in order to bring home ownership to more people. (KUTV 2 news)
- A Rigby Man behind bars after a three-month-old infant was seriously injured and flown Primary school children’s hospital in Salt Lake City. The baby was rushed Primary school children’s hospital by rescue plane. Medical staff confirmed that the injuries were serious and could potentially result in death. They also said the injuries were due to the child being shaken or hit against something. Police then arrested Dillon H. Butikofer, 20, and was charged with two counts of child injury. (Gephardt daily newspaper)
- A West valley Mann was charged Thursday with assaulting a minor and kicking him in the face at a soccer game Taylorsville. (ABC4)
- Sugar City, the new multi-family house with mixed use, would be the historic symbol of the Snelgrove ice cream Plant that stood on the site for a long time before it was demolished earlier this year. (buildingsaltlake.com)
- Generous Residents are on high alert after many claim cougars have roamed their neighborhood. While puma sightings are no stranger to this community, they are on guard after a resident’s dog was allegedly attacked by one and nearly died. (ABC4)
Today’s Salt Lake City Daily is presented by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Newrez is committed to providing hassle-free mortgage services to Patch Readers and their loved ones. Take a smart step towards your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in Salt Lake City:
- Corning Olive Festival & Car Show – Corning Community Park and Skatepark (10:00 AM)
- Salt City Flat Track: Dirt Oval Motorcycle Racing in Downtown SLC – Utah State Fairpark (10:00 a.m.)
- Free Tour of Utah’s First and Only Off-Grid Homesteading Congregation! – Utah OSR Land Co-op (11:00 a.m.)
You can feature your local business right here in the newsletter for just $ 79 / month. Click here to learn more.
Now you are up to date and can start this Saturday. I will see you soon! If you enjoy these newsletters, invite some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English literature from Weber State University. Over the years he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist and marketing director for various digital media companies. He is currently the co-owner and operator of the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.