Uintah School District reports second confirmed case of COVID-19

COVID-19. Image: Pixabay / TheDigitalArtist

VERNAL, Utah, Aug. 30, 2020 (Gephardt Daily) – The Uintah School District reports a second confirmed case of COVID-19 in an elementary school.

On Saturday, the Uintah School District was notified that a second person from Discovery Elementary School at 650 W. 1200 South in Vernal had tested positive for COVID-19, according to a press release.

Based on the contact tracing, no person at the school contracted the virus, and the two cases are unrelated, according to the TriCounty Health Department.

“Those who were in direct, long-term contact with the two people at the Discovery Elementary were notified by the headmaster,” says the press release. “If you were not notified, neither you nor your student had direct, long-term contact with the people who tested positive.”

Currently, people aged 25 and younger account for 25.4 percent of all confirmed COVID-19 cases in the region, according to TriCounty Health. The remaining 74.6 percent of confirmed cases are over 25 years old.

If you or your child have symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, you are asked to avoid contact with others and to contact your family doctor immediately.

You can also call the Utah Coronavirus Hotline at 1-800-456-7707 for information and instructions.

Comments are closed.