Woman Bites, Throws Rocks At Police + SLC Women’s March
Tomorrow, Salt Lake City! Let’s catch up with you all to start this day on an informed note. Here’s everything you need to know about Salt Lake City today.
First the weather today:
Nice with lots of sunshine. High: 75 Low: 48.
Here are today’s top stories in Salt Lake City:
- Two Salt Lake City Policemen recover after a woman bit them and pelted them with stones. The police were first dispatched on Friday just before noon and found the suspect with Pioneer parkwho allegedly got into traffic and threw stones at windows. One officer was hit in the head with a stone and his finger was broken, and the other was bitten by the woman. More police officers were called to the scene, where they too were attacked by the suspect. She was eventually taken into custody. (KUTV 2 news)
- Hundreds of people are expected to take part in a march for women’s reproductive rights S.Seaside town today. The march starts at 11 a.m. Washington Square and will march to the Capitol. The organizers say they are petitioning Governor Spencer Cox stand with Utah Women and do away with laws that restrict access to abortion and instead focus on actions that improve health outcomes. This march is one of many in response to the Texas ban on abortion. (ABC4)
- Salt Lake City Schools are the latest victims of a devastating TikTok challenge: the “devious licks” trend that encourages students to steal items from their schools. (ABC4)
- the western I-80 Ramp to Salt Lake City International Airport is closed until Monday morning. (fox13now.com)
- During an overland trip, the locked truck was stolen from a family Drive forward. (KSL.com)
Today’s Salt Lake City Daily comes to you of ring. Joey was home alone when he collapsed on a hot day. See what helped him save his life.
Today in Salt Lake City:
- Cedar City, UT Covert Carrying Classes – Gear 2 Covert (10:00 a.m.)
- Free Tour of Utah’s First and Only Off-Grid Homesteading Congregation! – Utah OSR Land Co-Op (11:00 a.m.)
Did you know you can get your local business featured right here in the newsletter for only $ 79 a month? Click here to learn more.
You are all caught up for today! We’ll see you back in your inbox on Monday with your next update. As you feel these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to join. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English literature from Weber State University. Over the years he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist and marketing director for various digital media companies. He is currently the co-owner and operator of the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.